Environmental Systems Group
The Environmental Systems Group is part of the Energy and Environment Directorate of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), located in Richland, Washington. PNNL is operated for the U.S. Department of Energy by Battelle.
Our Technical Group's expertise in the subsurface sciences is used to research and develop methods to mitigate the environmental impacts of contaminants in the environment. We are also actively involved in finding solutions for mitigating the use of fossil fuels by sequestering carbon and proactively finding alternative energy solutions such as geothermal energy. Our areas of research include;
- Approaches for addressing complex subsurface systems
- Biogeochemical technologies for recalcitrant, long-term contaminant issue
- Integrate hydrologic system analysis for in-situ applications
- Address field-scale technology implementation challenges
- Advance analytical capabilities for subsurface applications.
In the following pages you will find descriptions of our research and projects along with contacts for more information. Talented scientists with a diverse set of knowledge and skills lead the research. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you and help you solve your environmental problems.